Some products in this website are priced by Board Foot, some are priced by Linear Foot, some are priced by Square Foot and some are priced Per Piece.
What is the difference between these?
- Board Foot is a measurement of the actual amount of wood contained in the piece of lumber. Board Foot is calculated simply by multiplying:
Thickness X Width X Length Divided by 12
- Example 2 x 8 x 16 = 256 divided by 12 = 21.33 bdft.
- Example 1 x 8 x 16 = 128 divided by 12 = 10.66 bdft.
Thickness & Width are calculated in Inches. Length is always Feet.
- Linear Foot is simply the length of the product in Feet.
- Square Foot is simply the Area Coverage.
- Example if a floor is 10 x 10 it would take 100 sqft. of flooring to do the job.
- Per Piece simply is the entire price for each individual item.